NASA / Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- JPL Home Page
General public web site for the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- Science and Technology
Information about JPL's science and technology research, including its technology transfer program.
Climate, Ocean, and Solid Earth Sciences
Earth Atmospheric Science
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
U.N. initiative to provide objective information about climate change
- Synthesis report: summary | full report
- Working group I report "The Physical Science Basis": summary | full report
- Working Group II Report "Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability": summary | full report
- Working Group III Report "Mitigation of Climate Change": summary | full report
Climate and Science Research
Data Archives and Directories
- Global Change Master Directory
NASA's comprehensive directory of information about Earth science data.
- Climate Diagnostics Directory
Website from the Committee on Earth Observation Satellites that provides visualizations of climate trends and variability.
- NASA's Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center
Provides access to complete oceanography data sets obtained from Earth observing satellites.
- Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center
Data, data related services, and data support for global environmental change research and education.
- Tropical Cyclone Information System
Prototype tropical-cyclone database and web portal utilizing satellite observations, in situ measurements, and model outputs.
- EPA Atmospheric Sciences Modeling Division
EPA Project to research and model future atmospheric change.
- EPA Climate Change: Greenhouse Gas Emissions
EPA site on the science of emissions and greenhouse gases.
- USGCRP Atmospheric Composition Page
US Global Climate Change Program page for atmospheric composition research.
- NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory Global Monitoring Division
Information, graphs, and updates on the latest research into ozone depletion, air quality, and carbon levels in the atmosphere.
- National Climatic Data Center
Reports on weather, climate events, atlases, and images of Earth's climate in action.
- Ozone Hole Watch
Daily status reports on the ozone layer over the South Pole.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
Institute for the study of the effects of global climate change on the ocean and polar ice.
- USGCRP Global Water Cycle Page
U.S. Global Climate Change Program page for global water cycle and ocean research.
Health and Wildlife
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service: Climate Change
News, climate change basics and related wildlife management issues.
- USGCRP Ecosystems Page
U.S. Global Climate Change Program page for ecosystems research.
- EPA Health and Environmental EffectsEPA portal to information on how climate change effects humans and animals.
- WHO Global Environment Change Site World Heath Organization information on how climate change affects human populations.
- Earth Sciences Decadal Survey Comprehensive, 500-page survey of climate change and policy, available for free online.
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
Publications and information about the UNFCCC, an international working group on climate change.
- Gateway to the U.N. System's Work on Climate Change
News, links, and information about the U.N.’s climate change policies and initiatives.
- Pew Center on Global Climate Change
Comprehensive site featuring reports on climate change research, policy, and action.
Climate Change Overviews
- NASA Global Climate Change
Current news and data streams about global warming and climate change from NASA.
- U.S. EPA Homepage
Comprehensive site on all aspects of climate change from the U.S. Department of Environmental Protection. Information about news, science, and policy.
- NOAA Research
Summaries of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's research into several different aspects of global climate change.
- Understanding Climate Change
A global warming primer from NCAR and UCAR.
- World Resources Institute Climate Analysis Indicators Tool
Comprehensive compilation of charts, facts and figures about global climate change.
- Current Climate Information
Links to the latest information on everything from coral bleaching to drought conditions to precipitation trends, from the U.S. Global Change Research Program.