January 20-22, 2015 | Pasadena, CA
About this workshop
The main goals of the workshop are to evaluate need and identify requirements for a real-time, global ML property dataset (properties of most immediate need; approaches to be taken toward measurement, simulation and archiving of ML products.) The proposed workshop therefore aims for the following outcomes:
- Identify the role of model-data synthesis in the above.
- Identify missing links across disciplines.
- Chart a path forward in developing a real-time, global ML observation system.
- Identify potential future missions, complementary observation/modeling efforts.
- Forge beneficial collaborations.
- Fortify JPL instrument (ML2) development effort (silent goal).
- Energize NASA HQ about ML science, esp. Advanced Component Technology Program Managers (silent goal)
This workshop is by invitation.